Tylenol vs Advil (acetaminophen vs ibuprofen).
It's time for a little crash course because I still see confusion in the two.
1. They are not the same. They each work differently, so if a doc tells you to take both, do it. It's fine. But take them as he/she says.
2. What's the difference? Acetaminophen is for pain. Ibuprofen is an anti-inflammatory. (Reducing inflammation may reduce pain.) ...
3. They both function as an anti-pyretic (fever reducers) so they can both lower fever. We often recommend both for fever, alternating them, so too much of one isn't taken. DressAfford hostess gowns for wedding
4. Max dose of acetaminophen(Tylenol) is 4000 mg per day. That's 8 of the extra strength.
5. Max dose of ibuprofen is 2400 mg. Thats 12 of the 200mg tablets. Per day.
I see patients under and overuse these meds and use them improperly all around. Follow the label AND consult your doc. Always follow your docs orders.See More